A book of poems written by patients at Barnsley Hospice has been published – with poet Ian McMillan hailing the anthology ‘a moving and life-affirming collection’. ‘My Words’ is the result of a project which ran at Barnsley Hospice and saw patients take part in sessions using poetry as a tool to support well-being, increase… Read more »Read this article » No Comments
- Great women of the north featured in ‘Where there’s muck there’s bras’ at The Civic »
- Musical comedy supported by Barnsley Samaritans throws glitter at depression
- Jason Donovan to appear at The Civic
- Award-winning show coming to The Civic in February
- Civic Christmas show delighting sell-out audiences
Glass panels engraved with faces of the Barnsley Pals who died on first day of the Somme
The wonderful glass panels engraved with faces of 297 Barnsley Pals who died on the first day of the Battle of the Somme (1 July 1916).