Seven elite 11 – 13 year old swimmers from Borough of Barnsley Swimming Club attended the North East Regional Finals at the weekend.
Competing against the top swimmers from across the north east, the swimmers were eligible for a total of 39 races, securing no less than 12 top ten finishes including one gold and two silvers.
The Personal Best percentage was a staggering 75%.
Said club chairman Craig Lee: “For a “small club we had a great weekend in the water. The weekend will be very memorable, especially as every swimmer secured Personal Bests.
“To get Personal Bests and perform as they did at this level is a credit to the swimmers and head coach Carly Herbert. To get so many medals, top tens and PBs is immense, but just as important was the team spirit of the swimmers poolside.”
Kalum Smart (13) secured gold in the 50m Butterfly (28.61 sec), and a silver in the 100m Butterfly (1.06.38 sec) with Georgia Lee (12) taking silver in the 50m Breaststroke (35.30 sec)
Complete results were:
- Jasmine Ball (11) -top 10 in 50m & 100m Breaststroke, and a total of 5 PBs
- Eleanor Valentine-Bull (11) PB in 100m Breaststroke
- Kloe Eade 100% PB success and 5th place in 100m Freestyle and 7th place in 50m Butterfly and 9th place in 50m Freestyle
- Georgia Lee (12) Silver 50m Breaststroke, and a total of 5 PBs
- Roman Wallace (13) 4th places in 100m & 200m Breaststroke & 5th in 50m Breaststroke; 100% PB success
- Kalum Smart Gold (13) 50m Butterfly, Silver 100m Butterfly 8th place in 200m fly, and 9th place in the 50m backstroke a total of 6 PBs
- Jonathon Wightman (13) PB in 50m Butterfly