How would you like to join the cast of Jack Frost at The Civic this Christmas?
The team behind this year’s joyful new Christmas show are putting on a free workshop, so if you play an instrument or enjoy singing and fancy performing in a professional show, this could be for you.
Fidget Theatre, the team behind this wonderful show are recruiting a community cast and band to appear on stage, in character, alongside professional actors and the workshop is an ideal taster session. They are looking for a range of ages (13+), instruments and voices.
All you need to do is register for the workshop by booking a FREE ticket and go along. If you play an instrument take it with you.
At the workshop you will work with musical director James Hamilton (Hope & Social) and Fidget Theatre Director Ruth Cooper. You’ll hear all about the story of the show, learn the original Jack Frost song with James and develop the community band characters with Ruth.
The Jack Frost community cast and band will be a unique experience – to perform in a joyful, professional Christmas show as an actor-musician; learn new skills and gain confidence; meet new people; work with acclaimed musician James Hamilton; and be part of a welcoming team.
If you enjoy the workshop you can sign up to be part of the community cast and band. To come on board, you will need to be available for rehearsals Saturday mornings 1st and 8th December and be able to commit to some performances (either daytime or evenings/weekends) between Thursday 13th and Mon 24th December 2018.
- The Jack Frost workshop will be held at The Civic, Barnsley on 24th November 10.30am – 1.30pm
- Tickets are available to book on Eventbrite at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/jack-frost-community-cast-and-band-workshop-tickets-51773511968
- Jack Frost is at The Civic from 14 December to 24 December at various times.
- Tickets: £12 | £10 conc | £8 child | Family ticket £36 (any 4 people minimum 1 child)
- For more information and to book visit www.barnsleycivic.co.uk or call the Box Office on 01226 327000.